Individuals and teams can get started with Kapwing for free by creating an account and inviting any teammates to your workspace. For those looking to uplevel their creative workflow, we offer multiple paid plans with premium features that enable individuals and teams to create higher quality videos faster. Take a look at our pricing page for a breakdown of what each plan includes, or read on for answers to frequently asked questions about our pricing.
What’s the difference between the Pro Plan and Team Plan?
The Pro Plan is for individual professionals and offers premium features for one person only, while the Team Plan is for organizations where multiple people are working on video and provides premium features for one or more people. Both unlock premium features like longer video exports, HD quality, and use of our AI tools. The Team Plan also offers admin tools that enable the team to pay for more members as they grow and receive consolidated billing. For a breakdown of each plan, visit our pricing page.
Do you offer a free trial?
We offer a Free Plan that enables individuals and teams to try Kapwing at no cost. Simply create an account on Kapwing.com and invite your teammates so you can try out the tools before deciding to upgrade. Think of our Free Plan as a free trial to make an informed decision on whether you want to upgrade to the Pro Plan or Team Plan.
Will my subscription auto-renew?
Yes, all subscriptions are renewed automatically but can be canceled at any time. Your next payment will process at the end of your billing cycle, either one month or one year from when you upgraded to the paid plan.
Are Kapwing paid plans a monthly or annual subscription?
Kapwing offers both a monthly and annual option for each of our paid plans. The annual option is cheaper over time compared to the monthly option, so we recommend the annual option if you’ll be using Kapwing for more than one month.
If you only need premium features for a short time, we recommend using the monthly option. You can cancel your subscription at any time.
Should you decide to cancel your subscription, you will still have access to your premium features through the end of your billing cycle.
Can I switch from paying monthly to paying annually?
Yes, you can do this at any time by going to your Settings on the left side tab of your workspace and clicking the button to switch to annual under the "billing" tab.
Can I switch from paying annually to paying monthly?
An annual plan can not be switched to a monthly plan until the annual billing cycle ends and the subscription officially cancels. To switch to the monthly plan set the annual subscription to cancel. Once the subscription cancels, resubscribe to the monthly plan.
I bought a single person paid plan (eg. the Pro Plan) but now want to switch to the Team Plan, how do I do that?
Go to your workspace and click “Invite Members” in the top right corner, then upgrade to the Team Plan and invite your teammates to the workspace. Note that workspaces on the Team Plan are billed per member who joins.
I upgraded to a paid plan but still don't have access to the plan’s premium features.
The most common reason why users can't access their premium features after upgrading to a paid plan is due to using the incorrect login.
All Kapwing subscriptions are tied to an email address, and you need to be signed in with the correct email address in order to access your upgraded workspace. Your email address is the same as the email address where you should receive the Kapwing receipt invoice. Make sure that the Google or Facebook account you upgraded with is the same one you're currently logged in with.
How long will I have access to the paid plan features after canceling?
You will still have access to your plan’s premium features through the end of your billing cycle, which is either one month or one year from when you upgraded to the paid plan.
You can check the date of your upcoming cycle and when the current subscription renews in your Settings on the left side panel of your workspace in the "billing" tab.
Can I get a refund?
We do not issue refunds once you decide to subscribe. Because we give away so many features for free on the Free Plan, we depend on users subscribed to our paid plans to stay afloat as a business. We recommend users test Kapwing fully with our Free Plan before upgrading. Because we want users to make informed purchase decision with as much information as possible, we ask that customers acknowledge this refund policy before subscribing on our checkout page.
Can I delete a project?
Yes. Find the project in your workspace, then click the three dots icon and select “Delete”. Note that this is a permanent action and deleted projects cannot be recovered.
Questions about the Pro Plan
Why should I upgrade to the Pro Plan?
Most of Kapwing’s tools are available to try for free for creators getting started with video editing and one-off situations. The Pro Plan unlocks premium features for individuals looking to streamline their workflow and create professional content (If you’re looking to upgrade your team on Kapwing, learn more about our Team Plan).
With the Pro Plan, you’ll be able to:
- Create faster with tools made for modern editing
The Pro Plan gives you access to exclusive AI powered tools that make it easy to create and optimize content for all your social media platforms. You’ll be editing 10x faster with tools that automatically edit videos for you, including our auto-subtitler, image background remover, video background remover, Smart Cut, Clean Audio, and more.
- Make content look professional, even if you’re a beginner
The Pro Plan enables you to export in HD resolution, allows you to make longer videos and upload larger files, and all projects are watermark-free so you can create high quality, professional content for your brand.
- Maintain brand consistency easily
Create custom templates in your workspace and save your brand assets, colors, and custom fonts in Brand Kit so you stay on brand every time.
When you upgrade your workspace to the Pro Plan, you are also helping us make video editing accessible to everyone. Every project made on Kapwing costs us money to process and store in the cloud, and those costs add up. The Pro Plan supplies us with valuable resources that help keep our platform available to creators globally. Your support is the reason we're still around today and enables us to build creative tools so people can bring their own stories to life!
What features are included with the Pro Plan?
- No Kapwing watermarks – A watermark is added to projects made by users in Free Plan workspaces, but users in Paid Plan workspaces can export unlimited watermark-free content.
- Create longer and larger videos – With the Pro Plan, you can export videos up to 120 minutes long. In comparison, on the Free Plan users can only export videos up to 7 minutes long. The Pro Plan also enables users to upload files up to 6GB in size compared to the 250MB limit for the Free Plan.
- Unlimited use of the auto-subtitler – Automatically generate subtitles for videos using our AI powered auto-subtitling tool. With the Pro Plan, you can also upload and download SRT/VTT files for closed captions.
- Export in HD video quality – The Pro Plan lets you export in 1080p so you can keep your projects crisp and beautiful, while on the Free Plan users can export only up to 720p.
- Unlimited cloud storage – With the Pro Plan, all of your projects are saved and backed up in your workspace. You can load older projects and edit and store all projects indefinitely.
- Access to all AI editing tools – Edit faster with tools that automate the creation process. This includes our image background remover, video background remover, Clean Audio, Smart Cut, auto-subtitler, and auto-translator tools.
- Brand Kit and custom fonts – Store your brand assets, colors, and fonts in Brand Kit to easily access them when creating projects. Create custom templates for your brand that are saved in your workspace.
- Priority customer support – We strive to get back to users in Pro Plan workspaces within a few hours of the first email sent during our support business hours.
We’re constantly adding new features to the Pro Plan that you will get access to at no additional cost if your workspace today.
Interested in working with your team on Kapwing? Learn more about Kapwing for Teams.
If I upgrade to the Pro Plan can I access older projects?
Yes, upgrading your workspace to the Pro Plan gives you access to edit older projects in that workspace. Before you upgrade, your projects made more than 30 days ago will appear "locked". After you upgrade the workspace to the Pro Plan, your projects will be “unlocked” and you can edit them, make copies, and download the content.
If I upgrade to the Pro Plan can I process my videos without watermarks?
Yes, the Pro Plan allows you to re-export a project that previously exported with a watermark under the Free Plan.
What is the difference between the upload and the export limit?
The Free Plan has limits around what size file they can upload and the duration of an exported video. The upload limit refers to how large any one file that you upload to Kapwing can be. The export limit refers to how long your final project is when you go to export.
You can upload any supported file type to Kapwing, as long as it is no larger than 250MB for users in Free Plan workspaces or 6GB for users in Pro or Team Plan workspaces.
While the exporting time limit is 7 minutes for users in Free Plan workspaces and 120 minutes for users in Pro or Team Plan workspaces, you can upload content that is longer as long as it is smaller than the upload file size limit. Just make sure your final video is below that time limit when you go to export!
Link uploads are limited to 120 minutes. If you are unable to upload from a link, we recommend downloading that video and uploading it as a file from your device instead.
Can I export videos longer than 120 minutes?
Currently, users in Pro or Team Plan workspaces cannot export videos longer than 120 minutes. They can export videos up to 120 minutes in length. If you try to export a video over 120 minutes long, you will be prompted to edit the length of your video.
This limitation exists for technical reasons. Kapwing is a web product, which makes it faster, easier, and more accessible. However, it's also a technical challenge to pass large amounts of data to our cloud servers reliably. Our engineering team knows that this is a big limitation for users and is working on new solutions to streamline uploading, downloading, and processing. We're hoping to increase our 120 minute limit soon.
If you have a video that is longer than 120 minutes, you'll need to break it into shorter chunks or use a different editor for those videos. You can upload files over 120 minutes long as long as they are under 6GB. But you will need to trim down your video before exporting your video.
Can I export videos in 4K with the Pro Plan?
No – at this time, Kapwing only supports exports up to 720p (SD) for users in Free Plan workspaces and up to 1080p for users in Pro or Team Plan workspaces.
Questions about the Team Plan
What is Kapwing for Teams?
Kapwing for Teams helps businesses of all sizes create videos faster by connecting everyone in the creative process to create impactful, on-brand content. In one collaborative workspace, team members can create videos, give and get feedback, use brand assets, store projects, and edit in real time together. Kapwing for Teams speeds up creation and feedback loops so all kinds of teams can make engaging videos that reach more people:
- Marketing and communications teams create on-brand videos for social media and centralize their team’s work in one content home base.
- Creative agencies get feedback from clients faster with comments and link-based file sharing.
- Media teams repurpose existing footage into bite-sized clips to reach their audience in more places.
- Entrepreneurs make demos and recorded presentations to get the word out about their business.
How do I create a team in Kapwing?
Creating a team in Kapwing is easy. First create an account at Kapwing.com and log in. Then add your teammates by clicking “Invite Members” in the top right corner of your workspace and typing out their emails or sharing the custom workspace link with them. Upon accepting the invite, they will be added to the workspace where you can work with them to create projects, give and get feedback, use shared brand assets, and edit in real time together.
Note that if your workspace is already on a paid plan, adding members to that workspace is not free. Workspaces on the Team Plan are billed per member.
How can my team try Kapwing for free?
All teams can get started on Kapwing for free by following the steps above to create a team and add teammates.
Why should I upgrade to the Team Plan?
While any team can get started for free on Kapwing following the steps above, upgrading to the Team Plan unlocks premium features that allow all the members in your creative process to make better videos faster. The full power of Kapwing enables your team to go from first draft to final video in a streamlined process where multiple people can collaborate to create content, leave feedback, use the same brand assets, and access projects in one place. Here’s what you get with the Team Plan:
- Stay on-brand all the time with Brand Kit and Brand Templates – Store your brand assets, colors, and fonts in Brand Kit so all team members create on-brand content. Custom templates speed up the creation process.
- Pay as you grow & consolidated billing – Add unlimited team members to your shared workspace and get group invoices that make managing your team easier. Workspaces on the Team Plan are billed per member.
- Create professional content with no Kapwing watermarks – A watermark is added to projects made by users in Free Plan workspaces, but users in Team Plan workspaces can export unlimited watermark-free content.
- Create longer and larger videos – With the Team Plan, you can export videos up to 120 minutes long. In comparison, on the Free Plan users can only export videos up to 7 minutes long. The Team Plan also enables users to upload files up to 6GB in size compared to the 250MB limit for the Free Plan.
- Unlimited use of the auto-subtitler – Automatically generate subtitles for videos using our AI powered auto-subtitling tool. With the Team Plan, you can also upload and download SRT/VTT files for closed captions.
- Export in HD video quality – The Team Plan lets you export in 1080p so you can keep your projects crisp and beautiful, while on the Free Plan users can export only up to 720p.
- Unlimited cloud storage – With the Team Plan, all of your projects are saved and backed up in your workspace. You can load older projects and edit and store all projects indefinitely.
- Edit faster with AI editing tools – Edit faster with tools that automate the creation process. This includes our image background remover, video background remover, Clean Audio, Smart Cut, auto-subtitler, and auto-translator tools.
- Priority customer support – We strive to get back to users in Team Plan workspaces within a few hours of the first email sent during our support business hours.
What’s the difference between using Kapwing for free with others and the Kapwing Team Plan?
Teams can get started for free on Kapwing and work collaboratively to make projects, give feedback with comments, and edit in real time together. However, all members will experience the limits of the Free Plan, meaning created projects will have a Kapwing watermark and videos can only be up to 7 minutes in length and 720p quality.
The Team Plan unlocks creative possibilities by offering premium features to teams of all sizes, such as the ability to create videos up to 120 minutes long, export in HD quality, use our AI tools to edit faster, and more. Teams can also stay on-brand more easily with shared assets, custom fonts, and colors using the Brand Kit and custom templates that come with the Team Plan.
Compare the features of the Free Plan and Team Plan on our pricing page.
How much will the Team Plan cost for my team or organization?
Workspaces on the Team Plan are billed per member. Pricing starts at $16 per member per month billed annually or $24 per member per month billed monthly.
For example, upgrading a 3 person workspace to the Team Plan and paying monthly means each invoice is $72 (3 members x $24 x 1 month).
Upgrading a 3 person workspace to the Team Plan and paying annually would means each invoice is $576 ($192 x 3 members x 1 year).
How do I add a member to my team?
You can add members to your team at any time by going to the “Invite Members” button in the top right corner of your workspace and inviting teammates by typing their email addresses or sharing the link with them directly.
Workspaces on the Team Plan are billed per member. When a new member joins the workspace, you will be charged a prorated amount that covers the remainder of the billing cycle (whether you’re paying monthly or annually) for the new member to gain access to the workspace. You are not charged for the time they weren’t in your workspace.
Here’s an example of how this might look: The Hobbes Inc. team is paying for the Team Plan on a monthly basis and their workspace has 2 members. Exactly half way through the billing cycle, a third member is added to the workspace. When the new member joins, Hobbes Inc. is charged a prorated amount of $12 (half of the monthly cost) for the third member to gain access to the workspace. At the next billing cycle, the Team Plan will renew with 3 members.
How do I remove a member from my team?
To remove a team member, go to “Settings” in the top left corner of the workspace they’re in, then remove them by clicking the “x” icon next to their name and follow the steps shown. After removing someone from your team, you will receive a credit on your next invoice for any unused time remaining in the billing cycle.
Here’s an example of how this might look: The Hobbes Inc. team is paying for the Team Plan on a monthly basis and their workspace has 3 members. Exactly half way through the billing cycle, they remove one of the team members. At the next billing cycle, the plan will renew with 2 members and will include a $12 credit for the unused time from the second half of the month.